I was thinking of ways to do my nails after I received the new nail polishes from Julep then I came up with this idea. I decide to create a polka dot french manicure. I actually wanted to have more of the Trina Turk collection colors as dots but I realized that most of the colors are dark so it wouldn’t stand out at all with the dark blue background.
Here’s how to achieve the look:-
- Start off with 2 coats of Julep Gunta.
- Use a dotting tool or a toothpick (I used a toothpick). Make sure the ends are flat. I just cut off a bit of the sharp end so the ends are a nice flat surface.
- Dip the toothpick in Julep Delaunay and start dotting the ends of your nails.
- Next, repeat step 3 with Julep Alma.
- Finish off with a top coat and you’re all done!