I just found out that you can request to download your whole history from Facebook. I just did mine and its funny recalling all the messages, photos, etc. There’s a limit to what they can give you though.
Once you request for it, they have it available for download as a zip file. Inside contains history of your whole Facebook life. Photos and videos that you have shared on Facebook, wall posts, messages, chat conversations and list of friends.
What’s not included though is your friend’s personal information and comments that you have made on posts that are not yours.
One thing to keep in mind is that the downloaded file contains personal information, so KEEP IT SAFE!! Don’t download it on a public computer. Lol.
Anyway, I’ve taken some screenshot and described how to do it.
1. Go to Account Settings
2. Look for the part that says “Download a copy of your Facebook data“
3. Click on “Start My Archive“
4. A pop-up will show up with the message that it will take a while to gather all the information and that they will ask you to verify your identity to keep the account secure.
5. Click on “Start My Archive” and you will get another prompt telling you that you will receive an email when your archive is ready for download.
6. After submitting that, the page will show that your information download is pending.
7. Next is to just wait for the email. In my case, it took about 2 hrs and it will be sent to the email that your Facebook is registered with.
8. After receiving the email, go back to Account Settings and click on the download link again and you will be prompted to re-enter your password for security purposes.
9.After entering your password, you will be brought to the download archive and it will also show your file size.
That’s all there is to it! Go try it out and have fun remembering everything that you have ever posted on Facebook. =)